So we celebrated men this year on a very silent note which I felt was undeserving. We need to break this jinx of comparison with women; who is more significant in the world, who's better at doing stuff, who is smarter, blah blah blah. It doesn't matter! I'm personally of the opinion that everyone has their part to play in this world and I feel we can all be accomodated.
So in today's blog, I'll be sharing facts about men that we might know or are totally oblivious of.
- Men spend almost a year of their lives staring at women, a survey found.
- Half of all women who die from homicide are killed by their current or former husbands or partners. - Men lie 6 times a day, twice as often as women.
- If your laptop feels hot, don't put it on your lap if you're a man, it may cause infertility. - In his lifetime, a man spends almost six months shaving.
- Men with shaved heads are perceived as an inch taller and 13% stronger than men with hair.
- Men blink 11 times per minute, compared to 19times for women.
- Smoking can lead to impotence in men. - Men were the first to wear high heels around the 1600s. Women began wearing them to look more masculine.
- The average man is 4-5 inches taller than the average woman.
- By 2020, China could have between 30 million and 40 million men who cannot find wives.
- Men can lactate too, but only under extreme circumstances.
- Breast Cancer kills 450 men in the U.S. every year.
- Despite popular belief, studies show men are not more flatulent than women.
- Men are less promiscuous when women are scarce.
- Men are struck by lightning five times more often than women.
- A man is 35% more likely to be diagnosed with prostate cancer than a woman is to be diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Men sweat up to twice as much as women.
- Men are 3 to 4 times more likely to attempt suicide and succeed than women.
- Men's Testicles hang between the legs to keep cool because sperm dies at body temperature.
- Men may feel the effects of a virus more than women because high levels of testosterone can suppress their immune system.
- The male brain becomes especially primed for cooperation in the months before becoming a father.
- Over the course of evolution, men have needed to compete for status and mates while young and emphasize bonding and cooperation when mature.
empathy system of the male brain does respond when someone is stressed or
expressing a problem. But the "fix-it" region quickly takes over.
So next time you see a man, don't go thinking to yourself "oh look! All muscles and balls and no brain" when actually he's just as beautiful, interesting, smart and emotionally strong as he can be. We all go through struggles, battle our silent demons, the least that could happen is someone belittling us and trying to bring you down.